Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When Life is Tough...

So, I got one of those phone calls yesterday.  You know, the one that let's you know that either your life, or the life of someone very close to you, is about to turn upside down, inside out, the mother-load hitting the fan.

As the call unfolded, I literally felt the weight of the world descend upon my shoulders.  I consciously remember feeling the weight as they fell forward.  Sitting at my desk, pen still poised over the paper I was halfway through grading.

Now, I'm not going to say that I have the worst life imaginable, because I don't.  I am blessed with people I love, and people who love me.  But, I am no stranger to life-altering moments and lesson-learning.  I am all too familiar with the feeling of the rug being ripped from under my feet.

My challenge this time around is to get through this situation without sabbotaging myself.  I'm not a heavy drinker, I don't smoke, and I've never touched drugs.  I learned, from a very early age to eat through my stress and feelings.  I cannot do this anymore, and I'm being challenged very early in this new commitment!

Tonight, after I got home, I did some chores, and then I went to Zumba.  I didn't want to, as it is a late class, but I feel much better knowing I made that choice.  It was a good choice.  And now, to continue the good choicies tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. keep it going. Don't give up. However difficult it might be. I stumbled on your blog, and now I'm following it! Go for it!!!
    yourchoicesarehalfchance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete