Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Where has July gone?!?

I cannot believe it is the end of the month already!

Admittedly, I have been in a bit of a whirlwind.  I have been working feverishly to finish my Master's Degree, and there have been several mini-trips in the last two weeks.  It's been crazy, but good, kind of, well...mostly!

I am holding steady on the weight front.  I haven't fasted in about 10 days, as my activity level has meant it is better to eat, but I have to say, I really like the way I feel when I pull back on the food front every once in a while.  I do agree, however, that it's important to gauge your schedule and be realistic about what you can handle.  (My fast days last week would have happened during hiking and biking days...not really the time for no sustenance!)

This brings me to my next decision...the scale.  I have a love/hate relationship with this thing.  And honestly, it's where an obsession can really kick in.  I know you are only supposed to weigh once/week.  And often, this is where I begin.  But then, it becomes daily.  Then, it can become after a hard workout.  It's just ridiculous, really.

So, I'm putting it away again.  I am going to put it in the closet until mid-September.  Six weeks.  This means that I am really going to have to pay attention to my body and what it is telling me about my progress.

I have been working on that already.  When I go to put my hand on my hip, I have to dig through a bit more fabric to find it, for example.

Weight-wise, I hope, at most, to be in the 20__s in six weeks.  The best scenario would be onederland.  While not impossible, I realize that might be pushing it.  I do have a very active six weeks coming up, though, so, we'll see.

Here's to the end of July for all of you, and to the next six weeks of tuning into what the body has to say!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dee, I came across your blog on someone else's page but I do not think they are blogging anymore. I was wondering if you are because I love following motivational stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back! It's so easy to get busy, but this is a good form of accountability, so feel free to come along for the ride!

      Delete